If you've always meant to do more Christian service with your kids, then this is the book for you. In 67 Ways to Do the Works of Mercy with Your Kids, author (and Euphrosyne Corner Farmer) Heidi Indahl provides parents with a roadmap for teaching kids the value (and rewards!) of Christian service by doing it with them.
In these pages, you'll find dozens of ideas for how families can serve others, organized by type of service and age appropriateness, with low-cost and easy activities flagged.
Additional articles address:
- the biblical foundations of Christian service in the corporal works of mercy, and its development in Church teaching;
- common barriers to family service, and how to overcome them;
- strategies for building a culture of service at home;
- ways to talk about tough issues with kids;
- and how to build on kids' positive experience of Christian service through intentional reflection.
Add dozens of resource recommendations to the mix, and you've got everything you need to help your family develop a rewarding habit of Christian service.